Write In Between

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Greatest Hits --First Anniversary Edition

This past week Write In Between celebrated its first anniversary. Special thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement this past year. I am grateful for your presence here--especially those who have found this blog through my articles on CatholicMom.com or CatholicExchange.com. This blog gets between 300 and 500 visits a month. My stats indicate that many of you are loyal visitors--about a third of you come back weekly or monthly to see what I'm up to. Your comments are welcome. Again, thank you for coming by!

Here's a look back at some of my favorite posts this past year:


Beatitude is learning the walk of a saint while I am still stuck in a sinner's shoes. Complete post
=========================

Finding Jesus within my in-betweens means I don’t have to justify my existence...The dignity of being means that my life is precious right now, just as it is. Just to be is holy...And so I must choose to live in the freedom of that understanding, not waiting for the next step, the next job, the next phase, the next year, the next you-name-it. Complete post
=========================

Suddenly it all clicked. The rosary was something well suited to my stay-at-home life. I could pray it while nursing a baby, or while driving doing errands, or standing at the sink up to my elbows in dishes. I could teach it to my children and tell them the stories of Jesus and Mary. God’s blueprint for salvation was all there in the mysteries! Complete post
=========================

It all comes down to this: every day, there is always a reason to be on your knees. I truly believe that intercession, praying intentionally for others and ourselves, is a holy work. And just when I think my bad-news-o-meter is reaching overload, when my overwhelming desire is to just be underwhelmed, something comes to my rescue. Complete post
==========================

Some days, its the little things that just keep me laughing at myself and with God...Like the other day I attended a pot-luck lunch -- all the ladies brought some impressive home cooking creations. Me--I've been studying all week for a midterm--who has time to cook? I brought a soup tourine filled with my favorite heated Progresso canned soup! Three women marveled at the recipe! I laughed to myself at why I often get so twisted about making an impression...Complete post
==========================

Occasionally, we forgot that puppy proofing is as important as baby proofing. Alas, an AWOL packing peanut from the latest Amazon order was lurking under the dishwasher… and that became “Emergency vet visit #1 (don’t ask why we number them)” ... Complete post
==========================

Sometimes, when I am at Mass, and especially when I am missing someone I love, I imagine Jesus being the invisible link through the distance to that other person. Complete post
==========================

Fresh strawberries. Dark chocolate. Complete post
==========================

I never "rushed" my children to grow up. It was OK to linger until one was absolutely ready. But whether I wanted to embrace it or not, adolescence came right on schedule. Complete post
==========================

A small miracle was taking place in the hearts of all who prayed for this baby. Grown-ups and children alike began to see little Will, as their Christ Child this season — even if he missed his starring role in the Nativity play. Complete post
==========================

The Essentials: What are they, really, when I go before the Lord in prayer? Me + Him = the Relationship. Everything else is optional or non-essential. Complete post
==========================

My husband is keeping a scorecard when it comes to the winter snowstorms this year. It's not how many inches we are getting, but how many mailboxes on our street will be taken down by the town plows this time? Complete post
==========================

Longing is based on a secure knowledge that we are "together" even when we are apart. Longing awaits a reunion. Longing implies faith, hope and love. Loneliness, on the other hand, springs from the well of insecurity. It questions faith, forgets to hope, and turns inward, away from love. Complete post
==========================

Edit me, Lord Jesus! I am a creative work in your hands. Let my life reflect your Word, and not (so many of) mine. Amen. Complete post
==========================

Without trying to sound like a celebrate-the-moments-of-your-life advertisement, there’s just something tangibly important about the friends we choose, who bring warmth and companionship to our lives. Complete post
==========================

Its also sad to say that sometimes I'm more of a road warrior than a prayer warrior. Complete post
==========================

O Jesus, how imperfectly I keep my attentions while your attentions never waver or falter. Complete post
==========================

Discipline. Has the same root as "disciple." Complete post
==========================

You delight in their arrival, never grow tired of the ways they grow, and yet, you are still surprised when they do. You fight with them, fight for them, and then fight the tears when you learn the truth: you’ve worked all along to put yourself out of a job, and succeeded. Complete post
==========================

Depending on which side of the plate you are on, "strike out" can have different meanings. Complete post
==========================

I never thought this email thing, (and all things cyber) would ever catch on with me. Complete post
==========================

...fun being defined as frequent, unbridled, nonsense. Complete post
==========================

There are days that we meet our destiny straight on, and it's not a pretty sight. Complete post
==========================

College cafeteria food is not made for middle-age, hormonal women. Complete post
==========================

And the tears came. And I had to just yield to them...grateful I had pulled over, shrouded in the quiet womb of my automobile. For, indeed, it was the womb breaking forth that I needed to reckon with... my first-born leaving for college soon. Complete post
==========================

I'm learning more than ever that I have limitations and that means I have to lean more into Christ. Complete post
==========================

I came as a pilgrim that day to honor people I have never met in a town I never heard of, but will now never forget. Complete post
==========================

For my part, I did what I could for her and now I let her go to God. I will miss her smile and her company, but I will forever be enriched by her influence. Complete post
===========================

The little I know of her is that she loved to go camping. And often invited friends who were non-campers along for the fun. (Sounds like my kind of gal.) Complete post
==========================

The little mortifications of housework and family care were meant to sanctify me, to do the work on my soul that God intended. Complete post
==========================

There's a tipping point between effectively managing chaos and not. I'm on NOT today. Complete post
==========================

Let me catch your eye that you might see something more.
Complete post
===========================


Copyright 2006 Patricia W. Gohn


Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations - I've loved your blog ever since I found you! You should be incredibly proud of this past year. Keep up the great work! Lisa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home