Write In Between

Monday, November 07, 2005

Things that keep me laughing at me

Some days, its the little things that just keep me laughing at myself and with God.

Like my dog, Brady the Boston Terrier, barking at his own reflection in the window of my slider door -- I only wish I could be so amused by myself: I often want to bark back at my own reflection. Thanks God for giving me "paws" for reflection!

Like the other day I attended a pot-luck lunch -- all the ladies brought some impressive home cooking creations. Me--I've been studying all week for a midterm--who has time to cook? I brought a soup tourine filled with my favorite heated Progresso canned soup! Three women marveled at the recipe! I laughed to myself at why I often get so twisted about making an impression. Thanks God, for the delight of the company at the table, no matter what I'm serving!

Like last week, in an ongoing effort to travel at a safe speed, refraining from speeding in traffic, I gave myself plenty of time to get somewhere, but still managed to screw up the directions and get significantly lost in an unfamiliar town. As usual, I arrived at the last minute. Thanks God, for the reminder that it really is best to be safe and to be in your time!

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home