Write In Between

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Walking with you

On October 15th at 8am, I'll be together with 40,000 of my dear friends on the banks of the Charles River in Boston, lacing up my sneakers for my TENTH ANNIVERSARY Walk for the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. I need your pledges for prayer and support (hopefully, the financial kind!)

As a survivor I've spoken to hundreds of women with this disease and we all say the same thing: WE COULDN'T HAVE SURVIVED WITHOUT YOU!!! You gave hope when ours was waning, strength when we were weak. Your smiles combated our frowns and frets, your compassionate shoulders received wet tears, and your calloused knees wrought unfailing prayers. In short, you were the hands and feet, head and heart, face and body of Christ.

So, even tho' I rarely walk any distances anymore, given my ailing hip, (next year I hope to walk with a new artificial one!) I will walk this one final lap for the sake of my sisters who suffer with this disease. I'll walk slow but proud, cautious but victorious. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

You can donate right now online by clicking on: my personal webpage for the American Cancer Society.

Thanks, from the bottom of my heart. You'll be walking with me with your pledge.

X's & O's,
Pat


Copyright 2006 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home