Write In Between

Thursday, September 28, 2006

TURN ON the Power of Prayer

Recently, I've been called upon by various members of my church community to act as an intercessor for special intentions and special projects. In fact, those needs have just flooded my prayer of late. I don't know why, all of a sudden, it seems that I am being placed in the role of "listener to problems" and reliable intercessor, but I am grateful that the people I know see fit to place these needs in my hands. And I, in turn, place them in the capable hands of The Savior.

And so, Jesus, I place these needs at the foot of your cross, as I lift up each and every name, face, case, and situation. You alone know what's needed. Guide us into all truth for the sake of your Name. AMEN.

-----------------------------------------

More...on a similar note...
This came through my email inbox. I tried to investigate the validity of the historical facts mentioned, but Google came up empty, so did TruthorFiction.com. But if its factual, great, and if its not, let's just remember how there's always a reason to be on our knees.

THE POWER OF PRAYER

Someone has said if Christians really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless. In WW II there was an advisor to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people and peace.

There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America. If you would like to participate: Every evening at 9:00 pm Eastern Time >(8:00 pm Central) (7:00 Mountain) (6:00 pm Pacific), stop what ever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, and for a return to a Godly nation. If you know anyone else who would like to participate, please pass this along.

Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have. Together, we CAN make a difference!

Thank You and God Bless America.

=================================
Copyright 2006 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home