Write In Between

Saturday, April 05, 2008

While I'm away...

The final days of study are upon me. I'm doing the laundry and packing my bags for my jaunt out to Ohio to live in the library and prepare for the comprehensive exam.

Once again, please pray for me, and my fellow students, as we approach the end to this period of study. Feel free to invoke any of the communion of saints to assist us in our task. A few of my favorites prayers include:

Our Lady, Seat of Wisdom, pray for us!
Our Lady of Perpetual Help, pray for us!
Our Lady, cause of our joy, pray for us!

St. Thomas Aquinas, Angelic Doctor and Patron of Scholars, pray for us!
St. Augustine, pray for us!
Pope John Paul II, pray for us!

------

Lately, on study breaks, I've been reading about the many struggles of those living the openly Catholic life... the courage and fortitude I see in others gives me the inspiration to keep me own life in order and to soldier on. For your reading, I recommend:

It's Tough to be a Catholic.

Dawn Eden on being singular vs single

The view of Catholic student at Georgetown University

The Politics of Forgiveness

The Last of the Firsts -- this one mixes the bitter with the sweet for the moms out there!

-----
Finally, the Holy Father had this extraordinary tidbit to say about Mercy on Mercy Sunday. In other words, Mercy is a WHO, not a what:

Indeed, mercy is the central nucleus of the Gospel message; it is the very name of God, the Face with which he revealed himself in the Old Covenant and fully in Jesus Christ, the incarnation of creative and redemptive Love. May this merciful love also shine on the face of the Church and show itself through the sacraments, in particular that of Reconciliation, and in works of charity, both communitarian and individual. May all that the Church says and does manifest the mercy God feels for man, and therefore for us. When the Church has to recall an unrecognized truth or a betrayed good, she always does so impelled by merciful love, so that men and women may have life and have it abundantly (cf. Jn 10: 10). From divine mercy, which brings peace to hearts, genuine peace flows into the world, peace between different peoples, cultures and religions.
---[taken from here.]

GET PSYCHED FOR THE POPE'S VISIT TO THE U.S.!!!


Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home