Write In Between

Friday, September 07, 2007

Loving The Bride, vol. 38

Something old.... I am the least, the weakest, the most common person on earth, Lord, and I beg You, my heavenly Father, Christ, Spirit, Holy Trinity, to forgive me today of all my sins of omission, committed in Your holy service. Forgive not only those sins I committed while seeking to improve my life, or out of necessity, but also those that I committed because of sinful spite, which I could have easily stopped if I'd just felt like it.



Please accept, Lord, this tiny improvement in my will, and help me change what in me is spiritually stupid because I want to lead a holy life and have community with Your saints on earth.




-----Mechthild of Magedburg, (German mystic, 13th century) The Flowing Light of the Godhead.




Something new.... Been thinking about learning about "theology of the body" but not sure where to start? I usually recommend people try one of Christopher West's books or talks on CD/DVD. Christopher West's latest book The Love That Satisfies is the subject of this podcast from Catholic Spotlight.




-----







A new Jesuit video series on The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius can be found here through Jesuit Review.
~~~~







Something borrowed.... Amy Welborn, a Catholic writer I admire, is scaling back on blogging, by introducing a new, er, blog. Find it here.


-----

You Tube video: young people taking the pro-life message to the streets. Hat tip to Nolan over at Rise of the TOB (Theology of the Body.)


-----



Marcellino D'Ambrosio has a good article on humility.
~~~~~



Something blue.... The most complete ancient Marian prayer we have, dated by to 250AD:



Sub Tuum Praesidium ("Under Your Patronage")



We fly to your patronage,



O holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions,



in our necessities,



but deliver us from all dangers.



O ever glorious and blessed Virgin.
~~~~




Copyright 2007 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home