Write In Between

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Writer's Wednesday -- Ann Luna

The Twenty-Third Cupcake

My doctor is my shepherd;
I shall not weigh more.
He maketh me to lie down in green sweatpants;
he orderth me to do situps.

He specify-eth my goal.
He sendeth me down jogging trails of endless length for my heart's sake.

Yea, though I stroll by the door of the bake shop,
I will not enter; my sweet rolls and crumbcake I secretly buy elsewhere.

I eatest my cupcakes in the presence of no one.
I feast on rich Twinkies and Ding-Dongs. My cup's full of ice cream.

Surely huge hips and thunder thighs will haunt be all the days of my life,
and I will live in a body of cellulite forever.

----Ann Luna, quoted in Living Somewhere between Estrogen and Death by Barbara Johnson.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home