Write In Between

Friday, July 27, 2007

I think I can, I think I can...

I read to my children every day for fourteen years until the youngest finally took to reading chapter books on his own. It's a family habit that I miss now that I'm a mom to older children. But during these past few weeks, I keep remembering the little chant from The Little Engine that Could: I think I can... I think I can...

I think this way, because now I'm reading theology text books by the dozens as I write 7 papers for the 6 graduate credits I am taking this summer, and hoping to complete by mid-August so I can start another 6! (Yes, this is my relaxing summer! Yikes!)

So, each day I take to the task, little by little, I'm climbing the mountain and waiting to round the bend. I'm not there yet. I know I'm carrying a load, trying to bring it to its destination skillfully and carefully (read: home/family/school balance).

Honestly, that's where all my concentration and writing hours have gone.

For a few weeks, I actually thought about shutting down the blog. But then, I thought, you should know WHY my posts have become infrequent.

I'm still here, but in between the multiple family obligations of summer, you'll find me elsewhere... deep in thought, or deep in a book, or at the keyboard trying to sound intelligent on paper for my professors. It's at once exhilarating and humbling.

Our Lady, Seat of Wisdom, pray for us!
St. Thomas Aquinas, patron of scholars, pray for us!
Pope John Paul II, pray for us!

Copyright 2007 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Pat,
    Don't give up the blog! We understand and will be here anxious to read your beautiful writing when your schedule permits. In the mean time, I'm praying for your studies!
    Lisa

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home