Write In Between

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Warp speed, and other good reasons to take a break

My life is approaching warp speed. (Old Trekkie fans can appreciate this.) So, in order not to become warped, and reach the end of my galaxy, I'm taking a bit of a blogging break till the end of the month.

We have just come through the momentous 8th grade Catholic School Graduation of our youngest son, and all the special events that surrounded that wonderful occasion, as well as the accompanying visits from out-ot-town grandparents. In between playing proud mama and hostess, I also had to manage time to write and hand in a paper for a class, and for the next few days I'll still be trying to find time to write a second one...

But the main reason for a few weeks off is this: It's travel time!

Of course, for a mother, the best way to describe that is: Life speeds up so it can slow down. (A.K.A. first you pay, then you play, and then you pay again.)

In other words, I have sooooo much to do before I leave on vacation!! The "to-do" list contains the obvious laundry, packing and the how-light-can-I-travel quandries, and numerous travel confirmations. I'm not complaining, 'cause I'm psyched to welcome the arrival of summer with these plans... but they don't include toting my laptop. Just pen and journal and camera.

So, while I'm away, check out the blog roll of other Catholic Mothers who blog listed in the right sidebar, and don't forget, to come back around the end of the month!

And, so I bid you a warm Adieu, until somewhere around June 30th!

Copyright 2007 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • Hi Pat,

    I hope you are enjoying your vacation! Just wanted to let you know I saw your recent article in "Canticle." You did a wonderful job dealing with a difficult subject!

    Best wishes,
    Patrice

    By Blogger Patrice Fagnant-MacArthur, at 6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home