Write In Between

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Just for fun, here's where I'm frum...

There's nothing lovelier than the voices of loved one's in our ears via long distance telephone. Here's what people hear these days when I'm on the line:

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia
Boston
The Inland North
The Midland
The South
The West
North Central
What'>http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have">What American accent do you have?
Quiz'>http://www.gotoquiz.com/">Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Here are the facts:

Born in New York City and lived in Bayside for 5 years. Then my parents moved us out to the suburbs of Suffolk County on Long Island. Years later I work in radio-- really hammered away are losing my regional dialect. But then stayed home with the kids and got sloppy.

Move away to the greater Boston area (wair its not Bawstin, its Bahston) when I was 34... twelve years ago. I still cannot decide if I live near a far-rest or a four-est. I say both. Sometimes there are still sonic battles going on in my ears...

Some things have changed: I now own a dahg, not a dawg. I used to go for wauks and drink caufee. These days I really go for woks and cawffee. Oh yeah, its now chowdah and not chowder.

Some things haven't: No matter what happens, I tell people I'm from Noo Yourk, not N'yawk, and it's Lawg Eyeland, not Lung Gylind. Nor will I never eat a bananer, travel to Cuber or have a bright idear.

For me, this was a pretty good quiz.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home