Write In Between

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas meme -- fun!

Here a fun meme going around blogdom...

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Depends on the crowd. Hot chocolate is a staple in our house throughout the winter with the family, but I love my Nog with a shot of Godiva chocolate liqueur.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps, but always in his own special paper.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored this year as we replaced all our white ones that were fritzing out.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Again, depends on the crowd. Sometimes, for a party setting.

5. When do you put your decorations up? The outdoor ones go up whenever I can get the help to hang them. The indoor ones go up the Third Sunday of Advent-- joy and anticipation.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? The menus vary year to year, but it often includes leg of lamb or lamb chops with green mint jelly.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Decorating our Christmas tree was a favorite activity, and listen to the old LPs with Christmas carols. An old Chet Atkins album inspired me to learn how to play guitar.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was in 2nd grade and a stomach flu all night long on Christmas Eve and was in constant motion back and forth from my bedroom to the bathroom. My poor parents were up all night with me and with the Santa duties. I put two and two together.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope, it's always Christmas morning.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? There's wooden beads as garland, a variety of home-made thru-the-years ornaments the kids have crafted. We always buy Christmas ornaments from our vacations, so we have ornaments from around the US and the world.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it thru December and January, but by late February, I am ready for a thaw, which here in New England, doesn't often happen til April.

12. Can you ice skate? Yup, whenever someone wants to go. My mom taught us all and I've taught all mine. Can still skate backwards, but can no longer "twirl."

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a child, I remember when I got my first guitar. My love for music was just beginning to grow. I was about 10. As an adult, it was probably the year my hubby and kids got me a large garden statue of the Blessed Mother for our new home.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Jesus. Being with my husband and family. Making connections with loved ones far away.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Cookies, all types, hands down.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Besides getting our tree, and setting up our nativities -- one outdoor and one indoor, watching our kids design and craft something new for the top of the tree each year.

17. What tops your tree? See # 16.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I've never been asked. Hmmm, I like to give when I can come up with a gift I know really fits the person. Seems I don't mind shopping as much when I know I'm giving something that will really be appreciated. I love to receive just as much, and I like to be surprized.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.

20. Candy canes? We like the chocolate mint kind around here!

21. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life.

22. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk.


Now it's your turn....

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home