Write In Between

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Blessing Counter

My car odometer just reached 65,ooo miles. Unfortunately my sedan needed a new transmission and new tires. The first was covered by the warranty (ouch--nobody at the dealer could fathom the transmission dying so young) and the worn tires just speak to my carpool and commuting duties with my family. Anyway as I was musing behind the wheel of my recently repaired and rerubbered vehicle, I was wondering... If I was equipped with a blessing counter in the same way my car has an odometer, I wonder what the numerical reading would be? And more than that, I wonder if my gratitude-meter would read the same number? Ah, yes, there are so many blessings we miss! And fail to thank the Lord for! I don't think the Lord can be out done in generosity, but I certainly can be more aware of thanking Him for His daily blessings and benefits.

So, thank you Lord as I count my recent blessings just this week...

  1. The new tranny was under warranty...
  2. It got done in under a week..
  3. The new tires were purchased on sale...
  4. I got to Mass a few times this week...
  5. My daughter stood up before her peers and gave witness to what she learned on her summer mission trip...
  6. There is a lovely moon at night...
  7. My son "loves it" at his new college...
  8. I just finished a project...
  9. My husband and I are embarking on a home improvement project...
  10. The house gets some new flooring out of the deal...
  11. I am reading a new book...
  12. I saw an old friend last night...
  13. The leaves are tinged with fall colors ever so delicately...
  14. I found an answer to a pressing medical question...
  15. I have a new project, now I need the organization to do it...
  16. My son's eye exam was uneventful...
  17. My friend brought me a gourmet coffee on an afternoon when I needed a pickmeup...
  18. I have a dinner date with my girlfriends coming up...
  19. Mums are blooming...
  20. I love watching my daughter and her team play volleyball...
  21. The smell of something good coming from the oven...
  22. My dog is slowly being trained to overcome a bad habit...
  23. Our new grass seed is growing where there once was weeds...
  24. I have an opportunity to play in a music ministry in my parish...
  25. We safely passed through another 9/11 anniversary despite threats around the world...
  26. I am grateful to be an American...
  27. I thank God for each of the members of the Armed Forces, and especially the young recruits who are still in training...
  28. I am grateful to be a Catholic...
  29. There is so much grace in each day...
  30. I am thankful for my son's help during chore time...
  31. The family is recycling more...
  32. I am grateful that I have new music to listen to...
  33. I had fun selecting gifts for special occasions coming up...
  34. My new shoes are truly comfy...
  35. Parents Weekend is coming soon at my son's college...
  36. My husband is home at night after many months on the road for business...
  37. This list is making me smile...
  38. My haircut and color came out right...
  39. I found my lost keys...
  40. I found $10 in my pocket doing the laundry...
  41. I have a comfortable home, messy, but comfortable...
  42. My children do their own laundry...
  43. I can find the strength to clean out the refrigerator...
  44. There are chocolate chip cookies in the pantry...
  45. There's half and half for the morning coffee...
  46. There are left-overs that make for an easy dinner tonight...
  47. There are calories I can avoid...
  48. I was considered for a job by people I would have loved to work with...
  49. And was equally at peace when I realized that the timing of the job did not fit my life's circumstances...
  50. I have two sisters who are long-distance and who I miss but I'm grateful for the telephone...
  51. It's a warm sunny day...
  52. My dog entertains me...
  53. The birds are returning to our feeders...
  54. Lunch boxes that have cool snacks...
  55. My back-to-school exercise routine has finally kicked in...
  56. There is fruit on the counter...
  57. We have good food in the frig...
  58. For Advil...
  59. My daughter loves her theology teacher...
  60. My older son has two airshifts on his college radio station...
  61. My younger son still like cartoons...
  62. There is only a small ironing pile...
  63. I laughed and smiled alot this week...
  64. We are putting spring dates on the calendar for first communions and for travel...
  65. Prayers have been answered...
  66. Family dinners have been served...
  67. Junk has been hauled to the dump...
  68. A sprain is slowly healing...
  69. We are beginning the college search for our junior...
  70. We have enough, and enough to share...
  71. There is the sound of wind chimes coming in from the porch...
  72. We are coming up on an anniversary...
  73. We have love in the midst of chaos...
  74. We know our Lord...
  75. We experience Providence.

Copyright 2006 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home