Write In Between

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Writer's Wednesday -- Vinita Hampton Wright

Creative work requires that we do something, and keep doing it. It's the doing that brings real results.

As a writer I know that nothing really happens until I write. Now I may write for hours or days before what I write turns into anything meaningful. But I have to write for all those hours in order to arrive at the hour in which the "inspired" writing happens.

If you want to cast this in more clearly spiritual terms, then consider that part of what you do in order to create is to submit. As a participant, you are submitting to the a divine process that is beyond you. If you are a person of religious faith, then you participate and submit out of faith in the One who watches over the process and your involvement in it.

---Vinita Hampton Wright, The Soul Tells a Story.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home