Write In Between

Saturday, November 11, 2006

It's hip to be square

Went to the ortho doc to talk about my hip. Yes I will need a total hip replacement on my right side...eventually. The big question is "when."

The doc has one timetable and I have another. His relates to bone-on- bone scraping and I'm not all the way there yet. Like, do I really want to know what that pain is like? What I've got is bad enough! But I seem to cope most everyday. Some cartilage is gone and some is still hanging on. Doc says "use a cane." Good grief.

My timeline is varied and non-descript: when I lose some weight, when my son graduates the eighth grade and is in high school (2007), when my daughter is done visiting colleges and when my husband has another job so we can have better health care insurance.... I think this pushes this non-emergency surgery idea out at least another year.

In the meantime, for me the action items include doing as much as I can for as long as I can -- and purchasing a fashionable cane!

(Well, if I'm gonna need such an accessory, at least it's gonna be hip!)


Copyright 2006 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home