Write In Between

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Writer's Wednesday - Blessed Mariam Baouardy


My enraptured spirit contemplates all you works.
Who can speak of You, O God so great!
Omnipotent ONe, my soul is carried away!
His wonderful beauty delights my soul.
Who can tell what the Almighty looks upon?
One look!
You who gaze at me, come to me, a little nothing,
I cannot remain here on earth, my soul longing.
Call me close to You, awaken me.
You alone, my God, my All.
The heavens, the earth, the sun rejoice at your Name so great.
I see You, supreme goodness: you gaze is maternal.
My Father, my Mother, it is in You that I sleep,
It is in You that I breathe. Awaken!
My soul is mad with yearning, it can do no more, take it.
When will we see Him forever world without end!

----A hymn of praise from Blessed Mariam Baouardy;

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

  • that is so cool! I recently discovered Mariam Baouardy and have found very little about her, let alone BY her. Thanks for this.

    By Anonymous Claire, at 11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home