Write In Between

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Writer's Wednesday -- Blessed Teresa of Calcutta


Jesus wants me to tell you again... how much is the love He has for each one of you--beyond all what you can imagine... Not only He loves you, even more--He longs for you. He misses you when you don't come close. He thirsts for you. He loves you always, even when you don't feel worthy...


For me it is so clear--everything ... exists only to satiate Jesus. His words ["I thirst."] [are] on the wall of every [Missionaries of Charity] chapel, they are not from [the] past only, but alive here and now, spoken to you. Do you believe it?...


Why does Jesus say "I thirst'? What does it mean? Something so hard to explain in words--... "I thirst" is something much deeper than just Jesus saying "I love you." Until you know deep inside that Jesus thirsts for you--you can't begin to know who He wants to be for you. Or who He wants you to be for Him.


---Mother Teresa, Come Be My Light, the Private Writings of the "Saint of Calcutta"

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home