Write In Between

Monday, November 19, 2007

A suffering blog...

I've been on hiatus.... more like a little retreat from blogdom. I know a few of you have wondered just where I've been...

When I last logged in I was headed to Rome for an anniversary celebration of 25 years with my darling hubby, Bob. And yes, it was wonderful and romantic and delicious and one of the craziest ideas we've been able to pull off in years! We also made the acquaintance of a nice priest who let us renew our vows in a very ancient church where the Mass has been celebrated on-site since the second century... what more can I say?

Yes, we did tour a little, and saw Benedict XVI at the Sunday noon Angelus, (along with 10,000 close friends) and visited St. Peter's, St. Paul's Outside the Walls, and the catacombs. But since we've had the privilege of already doing the biggest sites on a previous trip to Rome, this was a more leisurely, unhurried, let's-stroll-and-see-where-it-takes-us kind of trip. Great hotels and wonderful food and an oasis for both of us in the midst of an otherwise crazy busy October!

So, what else have I been doing? School work. School work. And, um, oh yes! School work. As soon as I came back from Rome, I took a huge midterm... and then commenced writing a 20 page paper and a 5 pager. And I read four books. And there's still more. Two tests and another major paper due soon. Sounds like I'm complaining. I am, kinda, but it's all for the best, right? I choose this chaos. YUP, actively creating my own little scholastic frenzy.

I have applied to graduate this coming May, and all of a sudden, I'm in over my head. What has been a leisurely pursuit of higher education is now very nerve-racking... the holidays are coming and there's, well, so much to do. Seems I'm a little behind the necessary timetable, and now I must pay.

I rarely am doing housework and laundry, and then in emergency-like spurts! (Thank the Lord, there is neighborhood grocery-delivery service on-line!)

I'm reading, writing, testing, and papering all things theological, and therefore, not being very blog-o-logical.

I fear this is going to be the case from now until May 2008. My other friends in the blogosphere will have to carry on as I duck in and out over the next few months. After all, this is a blog... and school right now, is , well, my job. Don't forget about me! Say a prayer for me now and again.

Copyright 2007 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home