Write In Between

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Waiting on the Lord....

As many of you know, I had my hip replaced and am still rehabbing that. I'm continue to search for productive work in the my field of Catholic theology, be it writing, teaching, speaking or interesting forays into media. The question of what to do fulltime with my time is ever before me, and yet I'm not overwhelmed by it.

Writing continues to seem like a natural fit for my lifestyle, temperament, and family obligations. I have a few pots on the stove of ideas, and I'm stirring them up.

In the meantime, I find comfort in waiting on the Lord, as evidenced in these scriptures.

Hebrews: 10: 35-39:
Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that you may do the will of God and receive what is promised. "For yet a little while,and the coming one shall come and shall not tarry;but my righteous one shall live by faith,and if he shrinks back,my soul has no pleasure in him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and keep their souls.

Habakkuk 2: 3-4:
For still the vision awaits its time;it hastens to the end -- it will not lie.If it seem slow, wait for it;it will surely come, it will not delay. Behold, he whose soul is not upright in him shall fail,but the righteous shall live by his faith.

Psalm 27:14:
Wait for the LORD;be strong, and let your heart take courage; yea, wait for the LORD!

Let us pray for one another, that we do all that He sets before us.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home