Write In Between

Friday, January 26, 2007

Loving the Bride, vol. 12

Something old....
O Jesus, gentlest love! Unarmed, and nailed fast to the cross, You defeated our enemies! Jesus, it's really true that Your are our peace, our tranquility, our serenity of conscience. No bitterness or sadness or poverty can touch the soul in whom Your live by grace.
It stands to reason that such a soul will have perfect happiness and wealth of joy, for God is happiness itself without a trace of sadness or bitterness. Yes, God is wealth itself. God is the only wealth that never loses its value and that's safe from all thievery.
-----St. Catherine of Siena, Letters ( 1347-1380)

Something new...

Could John Paul II's beatification be coming soon? Here's one report.
~~~~~
OK, I'm not a book reviewer by trade, but I call 'em as I see 'em. Catholic Moms and Dads: If you have kids under the age of 14 in your home, or if you teach religion or religious ed to these ages, go get Your Catholic Family (Simple ways to share the Faith at home) by Jim Merhaut. Great resource for faith sharing in the home. Wish I had this book when my kids were younger.

~~~~~
Last week, I posted a link to an article about Sen. Brownback's committed pro-life stance, a rarity in politics these days. Now, he's thrown his hat into the presidential ring... could we have Catholic-not-in-name-only president in our future? Check out his website and you decide. Seems we have too few politicians who embraced the Faith first, or should I say, use the Faith as a foundation for their decisions. (Given the competition already in the field of presidential candidates, he is likely a longshot, but like they say in the New York Lottery ads, "Ya Neva Know!")
~~~~~

Something borrowed...

Just in case you haven't ever seen their site, Feminists for Life are a great apostolate.

And now, for teenage gals, a little commercial for True Girl.


Something blue....

Prayer to Mary for Healing*

Dear Mary, my mother,
Please ask your son to heal me in any way I need to be healed.
I know your son has said,"If you have faith when you say to the mountains,
move, they will move."
I believe. Please help my unbelief.

Amen.

*This short but helpful little prayer comes from the prayer page over at Spiritual Women.





Copyright 2006 Patricia W. Gohn

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home